Nestled in southeast Florida, Miami is known for its sunny weather, great beaches, and diverse culture. In the winter months when even California is struck by a chill tourist’s flock to Miami seeking the year-round heat. It draws a mixture of tourists, seasonal residents and permanent year-round residents. Due to its popularity and diverse population, there is a wide range of attractions for people living and visiting the area to see and do. While there are dozens of great attractions to see in Miami, let’s look at the top ten things you do not want to miss.
- Everglades National Park the Everglades is one of the most famous national parks in the country. It covers one and a half million acres of natural swampland. Many parts of the park are not often visited due to this swampland, though the park has set aside many great places to view this vast wilderness. The park is home to at least 15 animals that are either considered rare or endangered, including the American crocodile.
- Zoo Miami Zoo Miami is considered to be one of the best zoos in the country. It has over 700 hundred animals and prides itself on having cage-less exhibits throughout the park. The animals are grouped together by region, such as Africa, Asia, and Australian, making a trip here a unique experience.
- SeaquariamSeaquarium Miami is a popular attraction located on the island of Virginia Key just off the coast of Miami. It is home to various marine life, such as dolphins, whales, and tropical fish. Guests to the park can sign up for a special package allowing them to have an up-close experience with the dolphins.
- South Beach South Beach is a must stop location if you are in the Miami area. It has everything you need for a day of fun in the sun, miles of sandy beaches, fantastic shopping boutiques, and an active nightlife. If you are looking for some fun, this is certainly the area of Miami to check out.
- Vizcaya Estate and Gardens This grand estate was built in the early 1900s by millionaire James Deering. Today the stunning Renaissance-style mansion has been transformed into a museum and gardens. Its lavish architecture and beautiful décor is certainly worth the trip to see.
- Jungle Island This unique attraction gives guests the opportunity to see a variety of animals up close and personal. This interactive park includes animals like lemurs, macaws and monkeys. This park is perfect for both the young and old and is great for families.
- Miami Children’s Museum This museum is geared toward children but perfect for people of all ages. It includes various interactive exhibits where children are encouraged to learn through play and expand their imagination and creativity.
- Museum of Science If you are fascinated by science, this is the right place for you to visit! It includes the Bird of Prey Research Center, as well as the Weintraub Observatory. A trip through this museum will take you through dozens of exhibits and teach you about hurricanes, birds, energy, marine life and more.
- Shopping in Miami If shopping is one of your favorite things to do, Miami is the right location for you. Some of the top leading brands can be found in Miami, as you shop at the Village of Merrick Park mall, the Aventura Mall, or the Lincoln Road Mall. Do not be surprised if you run into one of Hollywood top stars shopping in the same area.
- The Beach Of course, you cannot make a trip to Miami without spending some time on Miami’s world-famous beaches. Since residents here see year-round great temperatures, the beach never shuts down and the water is always warm. Whether you enjoy surfing, beach volleyball or just a walk along the beach, you will not be disappointed with a trip to Miami’s finest beaches.
Miami attracts people from around the world, and with good reason! Whether you’re considering moving to the area or just looking for a great place to relax, Miami offers all the amenities. The Miami real estate industry is a fast-moving market, so it is important you find an experienced real estate agent who can work with you to find the right home or condominium for you.